What I won't miss.
- cinder block walls!!
- cinder block walls!!
- having to pull the dishwasher in front of the sink and hooking up the hose to wash dishes.
- having no water pressure (seriously, just a dribble) in the kitchen.
- rusty water- to the point it is yellow.
- having to cook with Brita water or bottled water.
- taking the wet clothes from the washer in the hall, and putting them in the 110 volt dryer in the office, that acts as a printer stand.
- having to jump out of the tub with only one leg shaved if Bryson needs to use the bathroom (so, only having one bathroom).
- cinder block walls!!
- ugly light fixtures that Bryson breaks, at least 2 in each 3 apartments we have lived in here.
- tile carpet.
- the mysterious hair that you can see on the walls in the bathroom that have been painted over. - having my parents come here and say that the apartments look the same as when they lived here when they were going to the U, like 85 years ago.
- having only one cable plug thing and having to run a cable cord to the main TV and the three bedrooms.
- cinder block walls!!
- having to hike up a hill carrying groceries from the parking lot in to the apartment.
- living in a fish bowl on the bottom floor with huge ugly windows.
- living on the third floor (our first two apartments) and having to carry groceries up 'em.
- scrubbing and scrubbing yet nothing is ever clean, or permanent dirt, I guess.
- having 3 or 4 people in the stairwell that have the same phone/monitor as you do, and hearing their kids instead of yours.
- cinder block walls!!
- small bedrooms.
- having to buy special little wall hook things so you can hang something on cinder block walls!!
- having my apartment smell like the neighbors dinner.
- only having like one outlet in each room.
-living in Liberal Valley (I really hate SLC).
- no cupboards, well, just a few.
- nasty brown doors.
- did I mention cinder block walls?
Things I will miss.
- all the friends.
- not having to pay for utilities.
- $800 rent.
- walking outside to a playground, sandbox and water park (in the summer).
- the 1 mile walk around the courts.
- having like 20 people you know you can call to borrow, let's see; sugar, butter, cream of chicken soup, olives, refried beans, eggs, tortilla chips, sour cream, tomato soup, pepperoni, mac n' cheese, lettuce, onions, potatoes, green onions, cream cheese, and whatever else I've borrowed over the years. Thanks everyone.
- always having someone to come play games.
- pot luck dinners/BBQ
- sharing (stealing in my case) recipes from neighbors.
- playing the Newly Wed game at the Roe's and learning way too much about some of our neighbors.
- being super close to the zoo.
- scrapbooking until 3am with amazing friends.
- girls night out to Chili's or Red Robin or wherever.
- playing Werewolf outside at night, monitoring our sleeping kids.
- always having some friends for Brexton to play with.
- having amazing neighbors that are so great to babysit whenever we need them to.
- having Lisa, my friend and RA, set traps and kill a mouse that interrupted our 1am scrapbooking night.
- having such a great ward- with so many great couples and families.
- playing bocce ball in 800 court or crochet in the 200 court.
- sledding at the bowl.
- all the great parenting advise- it's just great listening to how all the different mothers handle the many woes of our children.
- sand volleyball.
- Friends, friends, friends!
I stole these pics from Laura's blog- thanks! This was an impromptu BBQ in the 800 court.
The guys- after this BBQ, they had a game of 4-square. I had to get my video camera out because it looked like a bunch of huge 4th graders playing at recess!



7 comments:
You know there's nothing better than 4 square Hayden, I mean, 4th grade games are the best
Hayden! Hi this is Nikki. I stalked you through Ash's blog. I just wanted to tell you that your blog is cute and I am glad you are getting away from cinder block walls, I am still in them :) Anyway good to catch up with you!!
P.S. I have to agree with that Sam kid 4 square is great.
I LOVED the "list" of things you will not miss about the village. I was dying! It's funny because Brent & I made a list in our journal and I was debating about posting it or not. I must admit that our lists were VERY similar! So funny!!!
Hey Hayden good to see ya. Your family is so cute! It is always nice to catch up on friends from high school. p.s. i love your hair in your family photo the short hair style...so cute on you! Well i added you to my friends list i hope that is okay...if not i can always remove it. Well keep in touch I think your boy is so cute! Weird he is blond. So is ours :)
I can't say I've ever missed the cinder block walls. Let us know when you're moving. We'd love to help and totally invite us to your house warming party, oh and if you ever want to go to Tai Pan, I'm game.
I can't say I've ever missed the cinder block walls. Let us know when you're moving. We'd love to help and totally invite us to your house warming party, oh and if you ever want to go to Tai Pan, I'm game.
I feel honored that I am in your "good village" list. :) We miss you seriously! Sandi and I were just talking about how you are such a calming, funny, great person. I hope that you are well. Cute blog!
Love, Lisa
Post a Comment