We celebrated Brexton's birthday last week. My mom, grandma and Brex all have birthdays the same week, so we had big BBQ in Ephraim last Wednesday. Brex had a blast playing with his cousins, but we were eaten alive by all the mosquitoes. On Friday, we had a friend birthday party with some of Brex's friends here at the village (Devon, Matthew, Chase and Jaron). They had a lot of fun, even though they weren't big on the organized games. It was a Spiderman birthday party of course. They had a lot of fun wearing masks and shooting webs.
Brex and Jaron in their masks.
On Saturday, we had a BBQ with some neighbors and Bryson's family. Brex was so excited for his Spiderman cake. He had been asking for it for months.
He got a giraffe tent, that he has been watching movies in and sleeping in ever since.
It's really crazy that Brex is already three. I can't believe how fast time flies by. He is so much fun to be around, and has such a sweet spirit (well, most of the time). He is getting bigger and smarter each day- a few weeks ago he wanted me to get more toys out, but I told him he needed to clean up the ones he already had out first. He was upset and walked away saying, "Fine, you worry about you, and I'll worry about me." It was so dang cute, I just laughed. He is quite the little social butterfly too. He loves interacting with all the other kids when we go outside, and loves talking to strangers at the store. I feel bad sometimes when he starts telling people at the store a long story- I don't want to cut him off, but he could go on and on about the "real rope" he got from Kris and Teagan, and how he ropes cows. The other day, we were starting to box up some of our things for the move. He was upset, so we told him we needed to box it up to take to the new house. A few days after that, we went to see how the construction was coming on our house and on the way there, he said, "Oh man, we forgot the boxes." We had no idea what he was talking about, but then it clicked. He was so disappointed that we didn't take the boxes with us. We love him so much, and love his imagination. Sometimes at night, when he has just fallen asleep, I think, okay, today, he was a caterpillar, a baby tiger, Spiderman, "Mean Brex", "Nice Brex", a pirate, a cowboy, Buzz Lightyear, a dog, a reindeer, and Mr. Grinch. But when he is sleeping, he is just my sweet, sweet, precious Brex.



3 comments:
That's a beautiful tribute to your son! Brex is an absolute doll, and I love how much you love him. How fun that he's so into spiderman. I should have a baby of my own, shouldn't I? Are you pregnant yet?
You have such a cutie on your hands! How fun to watch him grow! I am again SO excited to have you guys closer to us! PLEASE let us know if you need any help getting moved in, etc. Did that sound like a little confession from Julia about pregnancy? Hmmm...
Cute blog Hayden! Thank you thank you for your comments about the show. That was sweet. Hope you guys are enjoying your last little while in the cinderblock walls....
Post a Comment