Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday Surpirse!

Last Sunday, Bryson was at work and I was home super sick with Brex. We didn't make it to church and were being pretty lazy since I felt like crap. I didn't even shower, and both Brex and I were in our jammies all day. It was a little before 2:00 and we were just putting a movie in when the door bell rang. Brex runs to open it- but I stop him and tell him we aren't going to answer the door. He asked why, so I just told him that we don't answer the door on Sunday in our jammies. So we are sitting there quietly waiting, but the bell keeps ringing. I had no idea who would be coming over on a Sunday afternoon- when the house is a mess and I am in no mood to greet anyone. So we wait and wait and then finally the phone rings- it's my mom asking me why I won't answer the door. I tell Brex he can go and get the door. When my mom comes in he tells her, "Grandma, we don't talk to people on Sunday when we're in our jammies."


So Helen, being the most amazing mom ever- brought us dinner. She didn't call- just showed up with a great meal knowing that I was too sick to cook. Brex and I ate the yummy food and visited with my mom for a few hours. When she was getting ready to leave- Brex begged and begged for her to take him with her. So she took him for the night- letting me rest, and brought him back the next day. Thanks mom!! You are the greatest!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Hi I don't know if you remember me but i'm whitney soper now marchant cuz i'm married but I look at your blog all the time because I think your little boy is so cute and he says the cutest stuff. You probably shouldn't look at my blog cuz it isn't as cute as yours! But anyways you have a cute little family.

Deena said...

You do have a great mom! That's awesome! I hope you're feeling better. Oh, I have a new name for you...Boden. I have a student this semester named this and he is a pretty cute kid. It's a little different...just like you like.