Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It's a...

So yes, I'm preggers, and oh so sick. I thought I was sick with Brex, but this pregnancy has been much worse. It could be working full time takes a harder hit- whereas I was in school last time- so I could just sit in the back of the class to make my frequent runs to the bathroom, and the instructors I had were super cool with it. Who knows? So have you heard of the "miracle drug" Zofran? That's what I'm on now. (Tried just about everything- Unisom, B6, B12, Meclizine, Phenergren, etc.) Zofran is what they give patients getting chemo for the nausea and vomiting. Well, it helps a little, but not the way I expected. I am still nauseous like 90% of the day, but it does help keep more of the food down. I still throw up everyday- but not completely emptying my stomach- usually just a little here and there. The thing is... I get lock jaw- so with the Zofran I dry heave a lot more- which locks my jaw- and my throat goes into spasms and my stomach cramps. So most of the time throwing up is just a lot easier- and less painful, if I could just stay hydrated. But everyone gets sick when they're pregnant, right? Bryson thinks all of my pregnancy symptoms are psychological. He said that when he worked at the U of U and they would give someone as high of dosage of Zofran that I am getting- that they couldn't throw up if they wanted to. I thought maybe he's right. So I convinced myself that when my 2nd trimester started it would all just go away- and I would be able to feel like a human again. So I counted down- and am now counting over- and it seems to be getting worse. I feel horrible when Brex will be telling me something or we are playing- and I sprint to the bathroom- he always says, "Don't throw up the baby, okay?" He's a lot more sympethetic than the hubby. So if you ask Bryson- I'm just a huge complainer, but I have been so sick- seriously. So if I haven't returned emails or phone calls, I'm not as bad of a friend as you think- just pretty much stuck in my bed or bathroom. Brex and I have come up with a lot of new games that allow me to be immobile so I don't feel like a lousy mom. His favorite one is restaurant. I put a bunch of snacks out and he is the chef and waiter. I just sit there and he takes my order and brings me food- so cute. He will hold the plate above his head when he walks and always calls me "Man" his version of Ma'm. He also likes to play school. We take turns being the teacher. So if anyone out there knows of anything that helps with morning sickness, please, please, please share!!! I feel like my body rejects being pregnant.

Oh-it's a BOY! Due in June. Brex was a little disappointed- he wanted a sister. When we were at fetal fotos and they said it was a boy he asked the tech if she could find another baby in there that was a girl so he could have a sister. But now he's glad that we won't have to fill the house with dolls and everything pink. The other day he brought Bryson a My Little Pony Book that we borrowed from Bryson's sister ages ago. He said, "Dad, bad news... I found this in my room and it's a girl book. See... it's pink." When I got home, it was sitting on the coffee table and I asked him if they read it and he said, "No. Mom...are you thinking what I'm thinking?" "We need to give this to McKae" (a girl that lives next door). Kids are so much fun!!!

13 comments:

Megan said...

CONGRATS!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! I hope that you start feeling better.....

Ricky and Chelsey said...

My deep gut feeling was wrong, but I'm so excited! I was going to call today but I felt borderline annoying. Yay! I can't wait to meet him!

Jessica Edwards said...

Wow congrats!! Why didn't you tell everyone last month? So exciting!!

Camie said...

Glad you've decided to announce FINALLY! :) j/k. Hey we are going to have such cute little buddies! I'm so excited it's a boy!!

Julia M. said...

You are in big trouble for not telling us at the party!!!! Congrats! I'm so so so happy for you. I'm proud of you for waiting so long, though. I bet it was hard! I hope you start feeling better soon. It makes me sick just thinking about all that throw up. . . Good luck!

Deena said...

Just like "New Moon" I had to skip to the end to find out what I wanted to know. CONGRATULATONS! I am so excited for you! YAYAH! You know my solution for morning sickness. I'm sorry you are still feeling so crappy. Chris is the EXACT same way with me when I am sick (and when I was pregnant). I think it's those who work in the medical profession. What is it with these people!? Well, I hope you get feeling better soon. If you need anything let me know. I know a good drug dealer...we could set you up. Tehehe.

bandkworky said...

Congrats, that is so great about the new baby boy. Sorry you are so sick. I was lucky and didn't really get very sick, but my sister sure does.

pambelina said...

I remember how bad it was the last time and I'm so sorry you're sick again. But a BABY BOY! Love you so much and so sad that we didn't get together while we were in Utah.

Kennedy, Brexton, Sadie, Dallin, Jumper said...

I am so excited for you. I think it is fun to have two the same sex. I know exactly what you are going through (I think the me being sick is one reason Bert is hesitant to have another). It will get better or you can pretend it will. So fun!!!

Malaree said...

Congratulations! Joyce called me the other day and mentioned that you were having a baby and Brexton was disappointed that it wasn't a girl! I thought that was so adorable! They will have so much fun together and will be the best of friends. I am so excited for ya! I hope you get feeling better as the pregnancy moves along!

Ash, O, Ava Jo and Demi Lu said...

And when were you going to tell me this???

¨*:·.TIFF.·:*¨ said...

WHAT THE!!!! YEAH! I am SUPER excited for you. I cannot even begin to say how sorry i am about being so sick. it is terrible! let me know if i can watch brex for you ANYTIME so you can rest. LOVE YA

Anonymous said...

Congrats! How fun! Sorry you're so sick :(