
Oh what an experience. The day started with Brexton throwing a little fit over what he was going to wear to church. You see, I had already put the iron away after ironing Bryson's clothes- so I just thought Brex could wear a sweater over a church shirt so I wouldn't have to iron it. (It was really Bryson's idea.) I didn't want to iron it because we were running late- and I had a meeting with the bishop for a new calling. Brex didn't like the idea of a sweater and said, "But mom, my friends will laugh at me." This about broke my heart. So we talked up the sweater idea- like it was cool. And he was convinced once we told him if he wore the sweater he wouldn't have to wear a tie. And we let him wear his watch-laser toy thing. Then he was excited and said, "My friends are going to be so proud." Not sure what he was thinking, but we said, "Yes, they will." So my plan fell apart- once we got to church he said he was hot, and took his sweater off. So he has a wrinkly shirt and no tie on with DC skater shoes, mind you. I was really embarrassed. At least we were able to convince him to put his sweater back on before he went to Primary.
So, Primary. He was really upset that he couldn't go to Nursery, since he LOVES it. He kept asking me if there would be toys in Primary. I said he would get to sing songs and maybe play a game. I really tried talking it up, but he was still reluctant to go. But he did. I will admit that I checked on him at all 4 of my bathroom trips. And he looked fine. So we pick him up and head home. In the car we ask him how Primary was. This is how the conversation went:
Brex: "There are no toys in Primary."
Mom: "Did you get to sing songs?"
Brex: "Dumb ones."
Mom: "Did you get to play a game."
Brex: "Well they had a gun but I didn't get to shoot it. I raised my hand really really high, but they didn't let me." (Not sure what kind of gun this was.)
Mom: "I'm sorry, maybe next week you will be able to."
Brex: "I didn't even get to stand up and talk like the other kids. I tried to but no one listened to me and my teacher told me to sit down."
Mom: "Sorry bud."
Brex: "And a kid stepped on my finger. That wasn't nice. He's not my friend."
Mom: "Sorry. Did you meet new friends?"
Brex: "No, none of my friends were there. Not Ryder, or Chance or Wayne." (His friends from Daycare.)
Mom: "Sorry."
Brex: "McKae was there but I couldn't sit by her."
Mom: "Sorry."
Brex: "It's not your fault, mom. So don't say sorry."
Mom:"Okay."
I felt horrible, and he wasn't in the best of moods once we got home. So then I just give him pretty much anything he wants out of guilt. (Let's just say his lunch wasn't that nutritious.) So maybe next week will be a better experience? I sure hope so, poor kid.



5 comments:
THAT IS THE SADDEST STORY I HAVE EVER HEARD!!! I hope it gets better for him and for you. What is your new calling?????
I can't believe Brexton is old enough to be in primary, he is getting so big! You always have the cutest stories about the things he says. Congrats on being pregnant but so sorry you have been sick. Morning sickness is the worst!
Congrats on the new little one!!! That is so exciting. I can't believe they are old enough to be in primary. The thought of Kyler in sunbeams is so crazy to me!
I hope next week goes better, that is tough when you have a day like that!
Oh man, that is one thing I would love about living closer, I could hang out with the little buddy. Maybe someday....
Hello You!
PARENTS NIGHT IS NOW OVER! It turned out pretty dang good. I can't believe it. There were a few little problems...only one that really bugged me but the others I expected. YES! I wanna play sometime soon, just not this week...so, so busy. Chris agreed to go skiing on Friday so we are all going! I CAN'T WAIT! I hope he doesn't get hurt and he likes it. Madison got a little tummy ache and missed school yesterday but aside of that we are all well. Are you recovering still? I hope you are feeling better. Maybe we could play on Monday???? What you wanna do?
Post a Comment