Friday, June 11, 2010

Summer Days

I have a love-hate relationship with summer. I love not working- lazy days- playing outside- fun family activities- BBQs- etc. But I HATE - no, DESPISE the heat. The worst thing about summer is getting into a hot car. Oh well. Guess we could move to Alaska!

Anyway, we have been super crazy busy and have been having so much fun. My last day of work was the 27th of May and we have been go, go, go since then. This is a little of what our days consist of:


Bryson is currently playing softball in Sandy on Monday and Wednesday nights- so we all go to Sandy for the evening. Brexton gets to play on the playground and I get to chase Jumper around! We have had so much fun watching Bryson- even though his teammates can get a little heated when they aren't winning. I think they take it way too serious. Oh well- they have a lot of fun. Bryson is a great player- a power hitter and an awesome catcher!


We have been BBQing a lot. Nothing better! I could eat Sanpete BBQ turkey 4 nights a week- but we have figured out a great way to BBQ ribs too- so good!!


At the end of May we went to the Scandinavian Festival in Ephraim. Brexton loved watching the parade with his cousins...


We were able to meet up with some great friends (Ashley & Owen and Pam & Chris) and go to lunch. As we were walking there- we saw a puppy for sale and Bryson just had to have it...so we bought it. He is a boxer. His name is Jeter. He poops. He has fur. He eats. He barks. He pees. He smells HORRIBLE. He bites. Puppies are soooooo much fun!!! I just can't get enough of him!!

We've had quite a few BBQ's in both Richfield and Ephraim. It is awesome having our families so close- so Brexton and Jumper get to know their cousins, grandparents, aunts and uncles!

(Kyle and Jumper)

(Jeneka, Jumper and Brex)


Brex was playing with Jeter and ran into a tree. Summer is full of scrapes and bruises!


Karter and Kolton came to visit, so we walked over to the pool for a little swim.

Just playing in miss-matched PJ's.

Playing too hard that Jumper fell asleep eating dinner.

We love summer...just not the heat!

2 comments:

Deena said...

Wow...how'd the tree make out? Jeter is cute...learn to love him. He loves you. That chicken makes me hungry...looks SO GOOD! Please share the recipe.

Deena said...

It just hit me...you're the minority at your house just like Chris is here. HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.