We have been having so much fun lately! Just doing nothing...and living life. When we first moved to the village, a couple lived two floors below us and if you ever asked him how things were he would reply, "Just living the dream." Bryson and I have often joked about it and thought how funny it was to always hear him say that. (Anyone else from those days at the Village know who I am talking about?) But lately, that phrase has been coming to my mind almost everyday. We are in a spot in our lives where everything is wonderful! We are just living the dream. We aren't in school any more- so no all-nighters (well, almost!) and so much less stress! We have great jobs that we both love. Our schedule is so nice. I only work 2.5 days a week (17.5 hours) and Bryson is home with the boys for my two full days (Tuesday and Wednesday), and then a sweet friend from the ward watches Brex and Briggs for my half day. I don't have to take them over there until 11:00- so we have a fun Thursday morning together and Brex can hardly wait to get there and play! Bryson has been able to pick up about one shift a week up at the University of Utah hospital for the experience and the extra money. Everything seems to be in the right place right now. Some days I feel like I am just waiting for a hurricane.
Anyway... here are a few happenings from January, February and March.
Jumper mastered crawling. He started army crawling at about 7 - 7 1/2 months, and started to crawl with his tummy up at about 8 months. Now he is pulling himself to standing and getting ready to walk. We are in no way excited for this. We have a lot more baby proofing to do!
Brexton lost his Nintendo DS. Bryson was getting my these:

for Valentine's and Brexton had the DS in the flower shop. Well, no one ever saw it after that. So we all know what the Easter Bunny will be bringing him.
We had a great Valentine's. Brex and Briggs got spoiled by their grandparents like always. Brex got a Big Wheel and Jumper got a new car seat from us,and we got lots of books with both of the schools I work at having book fairs! I am a sucker for books!

Me, Brex and Briggs went to Ephraim for a weekend when Bryson had to work. We had a great time visiting and I even got to sleep in while my parents watched the boys.
Bryson went to Vegas with my dad and 3 of my brothers to NASCAR. (I know, I know...a little white trash- but they have been going for years.) While Bryson was in Vegas, I went with the boys and Bryson's sister Jeneka and her daughter Andi to Richfield for the weekend. We played Canasta and Hand and Foot quite a bit. Gotta love card games.
I read The Golden Compass for a Book Club I do with my sister-in-law. Such a cute story- not sure what all the hype was about when the movie came out- but I haven't seen the movie either.
Spent a day in Logan, visiting with Bryson's family. Then returned a few weeks later for Andi's 9th birthday! We had a great time bowling and eating!
Bryson had a horrible case of strep (end of January) where he seriously slept like 20 hours a day for a week. He had to actually get on a stronger antibiotic since the first one didn't work. Poor thing. Then he had a bad cold, and then got an ear infection right before he went to Vegas. Talk about bad luck...or a poor immune system?
Brex and I have been pretty much healthy, which is a lot to say since there is some yucky stuff going around here. I keep telling people, "We're waiting for it." I know we are not invincible.
Since August I have been watching The Gilmore Girls. (I know Pam, I gave you a lot of crap and made fun of you for watching this show!) There is an episode everyday at 3:00pm. Everyday I can't wait until I find the time in my day to indulge in this one guilty pleasure. Bryson has caught an occasional episode here and there and I think he secretly loves it too. Well...all of the seasons are over now. So I feel like I am missing a little part of me. I get in bed and think, "There is something I am forgetting." Well- it's that I didn't get to see my girls. So in Bryson's attempts to fill the void of my girls, he bought a few seasons of One Tree Hill. (He likes it more than I do...I still miss my girls.)

Briggs had a cough for a few days and a minor ear infection. Then we were in Logan for Andi's birthday and ended up taking Jumper to the ER...he had a bad ear infection. Well, on his second to last dose of the antibiotic he looked like this...


The doc said it was a side effect...not an allergic reaction to the antiobiotic. Poor thing. So many stares. It even got worse the next day. Then it was all better the next. It was a very long week. I was getting about 2-4 hours of sleep a night, and still had to go to work. Oh well...sleep is a weakness!
Anyway... here are a few happenings from January, February and March.
Jumper mastered crawling. He started army crawling at about 7 - 7 1/2 months, and started to crawl with his tummy up at about 8 months. Now he is pulling himself to standing and getting ready to walk. We are in no way excited for this. We have a lot more baby proofing to do!
Brexton lost his Nintendo DS. Bryson was getting my these:
for Valentine's and Brexton had the DS in the flower shop. Well, no one ever saw it after that. So we all know what the Easter Bunny will be bringing him.
We had a great Valentine's. Brex and Briggs got spoiled by their grandparents like always. Brex got a Big Wheel and Jumper got a new car seat from us,and we got lots of books with both of the schools I work at having book fairs! I am a sucker for books!
Me, Brex and Briggs went to Ephraim for a weekend when Bryson had to work. We had a great time visiting and I even got to sleep in while my parents watched the boys.
Bryson went to Vegas with my dad and 3 of my brothers to NASCAR. (I know, I know...a little white trash- but they have been going for years.) While Bryson was in Vegas, I went with the boys and Bryson's sister Jeneka and her daughter Andi to Richfield for the weekend. We played Canasta and Hand and Foot quite a bit. Gotta love card games.
I read The Golden Compass for a Book Club I do with my sister-in-law. Such a cute story- not sure what all the hype was about when the movie came out- but I haven't seen the movie either.
Spent a day in Logan, visiting with Bryson's family. Then returned a few weeks later for Andi's 9th birthday! We had a great time bowling and eating!
Bryson had a horrible case of strep (end of January) where he seriously slept like 20 hours a day for a week. He had to actually get on a stronger antibiotic since the first one didn't work. Poor thing. Then he had a bad cold, and then got an ear infection right before he went to Vegas. Talk about bad luck...or a poor immune system?
Brex and I have been pretty much healthy, which is a lot to say since there is some yucky stuff going around here. I keep telling people, "We're waiting for it." I know we are not invincible.
Since August I have been watching The Gilmore Girls. (I know Pam, I gave you a lot of crap and made fun of you for watching this show!) There is an episode everyday at 3:00pm. Everyday I can't wait until I find the time in my day to indulge in this one guilty pleasure. Bryson has caught an occasional episode here and there and I think he secretly loves it too. Well...all of the seasons are over now. So I feel like I am missing a little part of me. I get in bed and think, "There is something I am forgetting." Well- it's that I didn't get to see my girls. So in Bryson's attempts to fill the void of my girls, he bought a few seasons of One Tree Hill. (He likes it more than I do...I still miss my girls.)

Briggs had a cough for a few days and a minor ear infection. Then we were in Logan for Andi's birthday and ended up taking Jumper to the ER...he had a bad ear infection. Well, on his second to last dose of the antibiotic he looked like this...
The doc said it was a side effect...not an allergic reaction to the antiobiotic. Poor thing. So many stares. It even got worse the next day. Then it was all better the next. It was a very long week. I was getting about 2-4 hours of sleep a night, and still had to go to work. Oh well...sleep is a weakness!



1 comment:
OMH! Those look even worse on a larger screen! Poor kid! I don't know...but Chris said it looks like a typical allergic reaction, and it showed up at the same time an allergic reaction would too. But I'm sure the doctor knows what he's talking about...Chris tends to think he's a doctor sometimes.
Post a Comment