So here's the long birth story...
I went to my doctor on Thursday the 4th and it looked like I was getting preeclampsia again. So I had to do a super fun 24 hour urine test and then take it in and do a stress test on Friday. They decided to let me go a few days to see if my blood pressure got any higher. It didn't really. So I went to my doctor on Wednesday the 10th and they decided the preeclampsia was coming and it was better to induce me than wait and see if it got worse. I wasn't complaining! So they said the hospital would call in the morning (on the 11th) between 7am and 9am to tell me what time to come in. So my parents pick up Brex and on Thursday Bryson and I wait patiently for the call. To make a long story short, I spent the day playing Solitaire and anxiously waiting. They finally called about 9:00pm telling me to go in. We went in and they couldn't start pitocin because I wasn't dilated at all. So they gave me something to help me start dilating. It took about 5 hours to get me to a good 1cm (it was looking like it was going to be a long labor. I was on pitocin for over 12 hours with Brex.) They started pitocin at 4am. I finally get a an epidural at 5:30- but it was only taking to the one side. After a miserable 45 minutes of being a pin cushion and feeling the needle scrape my bone over and over- they got it (and my water broke while I was getting the epidural- gross). It was a good thing it worked this time because the contractions were getting pretty bad. So the epidural was actually working at 6:30am. They checked me again and I was a good 6cm. All I wanted to do at this point was sleep- now that I was pain free. They checked me again at 7am- and my doctor came right in and said it's time to push. I told him- I couldn't help him because I couldn't even feel my arms. So I pretended to push about 2 or 3 times (seriously- I kept telling Bryson, "I am just grunting and pulling a weird face.") But it worked. He was here at 7:14am! Not a bad labor at all! Brexton's labor was miserable- and I was expecting a repeat. So now Bryson keeps telling everyone that I basically sneezed and he popped out (he was sleeping through the worst part). It was a little more work than that though- but not much! Briggs was doing so good he got to stay with us for about 2 hours before they took him to the nursery for a bath. He was awake and alert the whole time just lookin' around and chillin'. He latched on right away and has been doing great every since. We love this new addition to our family and are so blessed to have two beautiful, healthy boys!
Brigdon Parry JensenJune 12th, 2009 7:14am
7 lbs 2 oz
18.5 inches

Loving my new boy!

My parents brought Brex up so he could meet his new brother. He was so excited!

10th grandson for my parents. They may never get a granddaughter- but they wouldn't trade their boys for anything.

Grandpa Jensen and his 2nd grandson.

Getting ready to go home.

Daddy getting Brigdon strapped in and ready for the car ride home.




12 comments:
He is such an adorable baby! You make beautiful boys. I love the photos, especially the one of you holding him! What a cutie!
What a doll! Glad your labor went fast...New babies are so fun!
I remember but don't remember when Sophie was that small in that car seat. When we gave it to you her legs were hanging out like 5 inches, weird! Anyway, love him.
Hooray! Congratulations! I am so happy everything went smoothly for you! He is so sweet
He is so cute! I love all the pictures...glad everything went ok. I think it will be fun for you to have two boys! The names you have are so cute.
Oh I LOVE him! I'm glad things went a little smoother this time! Congratulations on your sweet little edition. I can't wait to meet him.
So handsome!!! Congratulations! I am just finally catching up on people. I have been out of blogging for a bit. Are you naming all of your kids with B names?
They always look so small in the carseats as new borns!
Congrats! What a beautiful boy! I am glad it was a good labor!
CONGRATS! He is so cute. I am so happy for you that things went better this time around.
He is so cute. I love the name too. Very original but not weird, Brex and Briggs so fun! Congrats! Sounds like the delivery wasn't too bad, that's great. You look good, your hair is getting long. Brex is getting so big. How is liking the new brother? Miss you tons.
He's a very handsome boy! Congratulations.
Post a Comment