"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny. Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience."
---President Gordon B. Hinckley
I just love this quote! It explains why I blog. (Bryson just doesn't seem to get it.)
---President Gordon B. Hinckley
I just love this quote! It explains why I blog. (Bryson just doesn't seem to get it.)
On another note, I have always hated posting pics with me in it- but have at the request of my dad. Today I read this awesome post on a friends blog- that got it from her friend and I wanted to share it too.
"Many scrapbookers knew Aleida Franklin. She was a wonderful wife and mother and a brilliant artist. I didn't know Aleida personally, but she taught me something I will never forget.
She emailed me last year to tell me she loved my blog and to ask if I like my short hair-cut. This lead to a series of emails which eventually led me to remark that I really loved how often she posted pictures of herself with her children on her blog. And she replied to me, "Have you ever seen a photograph of your own mother and thought to yourself how fat she looked? Or how she wasn't wearing make-up? Or wasn't dressed in a glamorous outfit?" Of course my answer was no.
She then responded with saying that she made it a goal to take a picture of herself with her children at least once every month. And that to use excuses about how we look, as women, is ridiculous, since our children will never care what we looked like, but only that we had physical evidence of the bond between mother and child. Aleida tragically and unexpectedly passed away last September, leaving 2 small children and a grieving husband. After she passed I thought of how those children must feel to have those precious photographs.
I have made it my personal goal to follow her wise suggestion and I now take photos of myself with my children....double chins, make-up free, bed-head and all."
So I have made it a goal to take more pics of me and Brex (as well as Bryson and Brex- and grandparents). I hope to see more pictures of you and your family on your blog!



5 comments:
I was thinking just today (when I looked in the mirror and saw how fat I am) that it would be possible to waste your whole life hating yourself. I don't want to be that person.
I love this post...it makes me realize how vain I am. I have never really wanted my picture taken unless I looked presentable. I know Madison would love photos of the two of us if I were to pass. Thanks for helping me realize how important a little thing like taking a goofy photo is. My only problem is that we are usually alone when we are taking pictures. So somebody has to hold the camera.
Thanks for the super great post on my blog for Mothers Day. You can't give me too much credit though...these past few months I have really struggled with my patience. You are a terrific mom, and Brexton adores you. I think the older they get the more difficult they become. I just want to always be a good mom and her friend. Some day I'll figure it out.
Thanks for always being such a great friend. I love you tons. I hope you are feeling better these days. Hugs and luvs!
Love that post! I'm glad that you've turned a new leaf.. I think that you are gorgeous always. I love looking at pics of you and your family!
That was great to read. You inspire me to do the same. I think that you are beautiful and I know that I enjoy the post with pics of you. I miss you so its nice to see a little piece of Hayden in my day.
You are so right. I just read a book about a girl who's mother passed away and she only had one photo of them together. It broke my heart. I'm with the others. You are beautiful. It's just hard to feel that way when you're pregnant.
Post a Comment